Can you believe we are already a third of the way through our 30 day walking challenge?
I chose to back down to the beginner plan since I broke my foot but here is my progress so far:
How is your challenge going?
I’m not doing New Year’s resolutions. My favorite yoga instructor used to always say: “it is only a goal, we have the rest of our lives to achieve it.” To resolve to do anything this year is just too much of a commitment, so I’m setting goals for 2016 instead. So bam…some goals with no set date for completion!
- Get my fitness back – in other words “not feel like a slug when I run
- Read at least 25 books this year – ok, so this one has an actual date but I always do the Goodreads reading challenge and last year I surpassed my goal of 20 books so I am upping the ante…I will gladly take suggestions!
- Do at least one fun thing a week – The fun kind of fell out of my life so I’m bringing it back! Fun things could be geocaching, family game night, have a cup of coffee (in an actual coffee shop…not in the car on the way to my next appointment), go for a hike, etc.
- Run a 10 minute mile trial – my fastest to date was 10:19 and I am going to get that 10 minute mile if its the last thing I do!
- Create and stick to a budget – I am a pretty responsible spender and saver but I am pretty sure I could save more.
- Blog again – Bam! You are reading this so I can check that one off! Seriously though, I’m going to try to do better.
- Run fewer races – yes, I realize this is an odd goal but for the past few years, I ran so many races that running became more of a chore than fun.
- Get back into yoga – My favorite yoga studio closed so I started doing a few classes at the Y. Then, the Y closed. I want to bring yoga back into my life whether it is in a studio, a gym, or a simple home practice.
Those are my goals for the time being…What are yours?
Any book recommendations?