I love January 1! The new year for me is a like the first blank page in a new journal. It is a time to erase the past, a time of new beginnings, a time to set new resolutions….a fresh start! Do I sound a little too much like Sue Heck?
That’s ok….its who I am and I totally own it!
Before I make new resolutions for the upcoming year, I like to look back on last year and see what I accomplished and what I could ahem…..do I little better with….so here goes nothing:
- Get my fitness back – sooooo didn’t happen. If anything, it got worse! That’s ok though, life happened.
- Read at least 25 books this year – totally achieved this one. As a matter of fact, I read 34 books! Feel free to follow me on Goodreads.
- Do at least one fun thing a week – I did ok on this one but could do much better
- Run a 10 minute mile trial – Nope! moving on…..
- Create and stick to a budget – I did pretty good with this one…..until November and December
- Blog again – I don’t think the four posts I published last year make this much of a success.
- Run fewer races – Check! Not because I was falling in love with running again but mostly because I was trying to keep my life from falling apart.
- Get back into yoga – Fail! There seem to be fewer and fewer classes in my area and I just can’t seem to make myself do it at home.
All in all, not too bad. My life has pretty much been a roller coaster this year and it was all I could do not to fall off the ride. Hopefully 2017 will flatten out and things will go more smoothly!
Did you achieve your 2016 goals?
Are you planning on setting any goals or resolutions for 2017?